Wednesday, October 29, 2008


Jamie and Jason
October 25, 2008



I thought I would share some pictures from a wedding that I did this past weekend. I had such a great time putting this wedding together. They are an awesome couple and Jamie is an absolute sweetheart!

When I first met Jamie and Jason and they told me that they wanted to get married in their backyard, I was so excited because I love "at home" weddings. They are so personal and give couples an opportunity to really put their mark on the whole event. Well, this couple has a home that is perfect for entertaining - the gorgeous property features a pool and gazebo...now. Our first meeting included a trip to their house to scout the location. At the time, there was nothing more outside than a dirt lot with a big whole in the middle where the pool was going to be. So, the task of designing this wedding ended up to be a little bit more daunting than I had anticipated. Although my vision for the wedding was a little fuzzy at first, the big picture was very clear. That was in January.

As the months went by, the concrete for the pool was poured, pavers for the patio went down, landscaping was done and a gazebo was constructed. By May, when the pool was fully functional, I could see the true potential of this wedding.

Jamie envisioned a very nature-inspired, "green" look. Her color palette consisted of olive green and chocolate brown - but, she also liked the look of white on white. We used lots of curly willow, moss and river rocks. During our planning I developed a pretty good sense of what she wanted and with the help of the florist, was able to create a look that included everything that she asked for - with a few surprises, too. My favorite thing was the bark-covered votive candles!



More images will be available on http://www.kissthebrideweddings.com/ within the next month or so. A great big thanks goes out to Liquid Shutter Photography for getting these photos to me so quickly and to all of the other vendors who helped make Jamie and Jason's day a success!


Tri-Rentals: Tent and Rentals

Set The Mood Floral: Flowers

A Savory Affair: Catering

Liquid Shutter Photography: Photography

Ludwig Productions: Videography

In-Pockets: Cake

Joining Hearts: Minister

DJ One Productions: Disc Jockey

Mariachi Colonial: Cocktail Music

Very Inviting: Invitations

The Alternative Wedding Solutions: Hair

Corinna Cooke: Make-up

Pretty Potty's: Portable Restrooms

No comments: